[ut3] Linux Client

Antonio Augusto (Mancha) mkhaos7 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 05:33:13 EDT 2007

uh?
AFAIK, the XBox uses Pentium processors for their work, not PPC... am i wrong?

On still another topic... Ryan, out of curious, do you how easy it is
to port to a game to OS X (Macintel) when compared to Linux?
I ask this because i see Parallels and VMware fusion already offering
support for 3D Virtualization but nothing on the Windows/Linux side.
Since OS X supports OpenGL i imagine it would be equally simple to
port it to Linux/Windows... hope i made myself clear... just woke up,
and haven't been speaking english in quite some time... :)

On 10/26/07, Thomas Ilnseher <ilnseher at eit.uni-kl.de> wrote:
> > I don't believe in a PPC build either.
> > The hardware base that would actually still be able to play UT well
> > on a PPC machine is getting smaller every day and then you likely
> > can't simply recompile it for PPC. You'd likely have to sort out
> > endian issues, bitswapping and all that annoying stuff. I don't think
> > it would pay off in the end.
>
> This bitswapping stuff needs to be done anyway, 'cause PS3 and YBoX use
> PPCish hardware.but a build is definitively hard to do... like ryan
> said: maybe ...

Informação & Segurança - Informações para sua segurança na rede.
http://info-seg.blogspot.com