[ut3] Linux Client

[Apoc]Death death at apoc.org
Thu Oct 25 21:36:21 EDT 2007

On Oct 25, 2007, at 8:20 PM, Ryan C. Gordon wrote:

>> ...and how truly sad that is too.  It's obvious that Linux users
>> FAR out
>> weigh the Mac users.....but yet we have to wait.  Atta boy there
>> Epic,
>> keep up the bang up job!
>
> You know, if there's one thing that really pisses me off, it's this
> attitude.

"Ignore him, Ryan...  He is a foooooooooool."

Yeah, that's right, I did bastardize a "Willow" quote, punks...
George Lucas must be rolling in his grave, um, I mean, money bin...
Ok, ok, I'm short on sleep, it was the best I could do...  (Friggin
job apps suck.  Anyone want to hire an astronomer?)

> Bang up job, indeed.

What is it with *this* UT that's brought out all these cranky, cranky
people?  Has Ubuntu made linux easy enough to install that hyper-
aggressive adolescent boys are starting to run it more commonly?  I
*guess* this is a good sign, but kids, kids, kids...  Your toy will
be here soon enough, but no, it might not be here *on* your
birthday.  No, holding your breath till you turn blue or throwing a
temper tantrum will not make it arrive any faster.  I'm sure you're
all big boys, so you should know better.

Since my previous time-passing suggestions were apparently ignored by
some, here's another idea for those keen on lashing out for no good
reason...  Head to the UT2004 Linux email list's archive ( http://
icculus.org/cgi-bin/ezmlm/ezmlm-cgi?42:iis:0:200710#b ) and *read*
all the nice bug reports and questions asked and sometimes answered
while everyone patiently waited for the full release with happy
anticipation...  Perhaps you might learn something...

What?  It could happen...  ;)

Cheers,

-Rob