[ut3] Linux Client

Rick B zajelo33 at embarqmail.com
Thu Oct 25 23:36:40 EDT 2007

[Apoc]Death wrote:
> On Oct 25, 2007, at 8:20 PM, Ryan C. Gordon wrote:
>
>>> ...and how truly sad that is too.  It's obvious that Linux users FAR
>>> out
>>> weigh the Mac users.....but yet we have to wait.  Atta boy there Epic,
>>> keep up the bang up job!
>>
>> You know, if there's one thing that really pisses me off, it's this
>> attitude.
>
> "Ignore him, Ryan...  He is a foooooooooool."
>
> Yeah, that's right, I did bastardize a "Willow" quote, punks...
> George Lucas must be rolling in his grave, um, I mean, money bin...
> Ok, ok, I'm short on sleep, it was the best I could do...  (Friggin
> job apps suck.  Anyone want to hire an astronomer?)
>

>> Bang up job, indeed.
>
> What is it with *this* UT that's brought out all these cranky, cranky
> people?  Has Ubuntu made linux easy enough to install that
> hyper-aggressive adolescent boys are starting to run it more
> commonly?  I *guess* this is a good sign, but kids, kids, kids...
> Your toy will be here soon enough, but no, it might not be here *on*
> your birthday.  No, holding your breath till you turn blue or throwing
> a temper tantrum will not make it arrive any faster.  I'm sure you're
> all big boys, so you should know better.
>
> Since my previous time-passing suggestions were apparently ignored by
> some, here's another idea for those keen on lashing out for no good
> reason...  Head to the UT2004 Linux email list's archive (
> http://icculus.org/cgi-bin/ezmlm/ezmlm-cgi?42:iis:0:200710#b ) and
> *read* all the nice bug reports and questions asked and sometimes
> answered while everyone patiently waited for the full release with
> happy anticipation...  Perhaps you might learn something...
>
> What?  It could happen...  ;)
>
> Cheers,
>
> -Rob

For a while there were rumors floating around that there wasn't going to
be a Linux port of the client period (a couple of months ago). I'm just
happy knowing that it is on it's way.

"Has Ubuntu made linux easy enough to install that hyper-aggressive
adolescent boys are starting to run it more commonly?"

Yes, that's pretty much what I think is happening. You can't search for
anything Linux related on the internet and not pull up a million Ubuntu
tutorials.

Rick B