[ut2004] Question abaout bugsystem

Dave Wickham dave at allaboutgames.co.uk
Mon Dec 11 20:33:59 EST 2006

Simon Schäfer wrote:
> Hi there
> a little question about the bugzilla from UT2006. Where is it? do you still
> support ut2004?

The bugzilla for UT2004 is the general icculus.org bugzilla -
https://bugzilla.icculus.org/ - but I'm pretty sure that there won't be
any more patches for it, so it would be pointless submitting anything.
> I would like to open a bug report for ut2004 client (3369) its not a major
> problem only one of the features is acting strange.
>
> The integrated audioplayer (F11 per default) isn't working for me. I'm not
> able to enter a directory, not by clicking nor by entering the full path by
> my own. It would be cool if you could fix that.

This is a known bug, which has been known since the first release.
Basically, I think the official verdict was that the music player is
feature creep and it depends on middleware for MP3 playback, which can't
be used on Linux, so there wasn't much point in getting it working. I do
have it working myself for my Vorbis files, using a simple shell script
I created (available at http://ln-s.net/GXR ), which people are free to
modify to work for them if they want to, but it is fairly crude.
> Greetz Simon
>
> System Specs:
> Gentoo Linux running on an
> AMD64 X2 (using the ut2004-64 binary)
> Geforce 7900 GT
> 2GB Ram
> and the mp3 files are on a mounted nfs share

-Dave