[ut2004] Question abaout bugsystem

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at icculus.org
Mon Dec 11 20:43:04 EST 2006

Simon Schäfer wrote:
> Hi there
> a little question about the bugzilla from UT2006. Where is it? do you still
> support ut2004?

I still accept bug reports at https://bugzilla.icculus.org/ for
ut2004...while a significantly serious issue may even get a new patch
released, the likelihood is low. That being said, there were Mac and
Linux patches to ut2003 after ut2004 had shipped, and there was a UT99
security update somewhere in there, too, so it happens sometimes.

> The integrated audioplayer (F11 per default) isn't working for me. I'm not
> able to enter a directory, not by clicking nor by entering the full path by
> my own. It would be cool if you could fix that.

It can't be fixed...it has stuff hardcoded in unrealscript that assumes
a Windows system. There wasn't time to make it work while the Windows
version was still be patched, so now it can't change without breaking
network compatibility.

Also, it only would support .ogg files on Linux (no MP3 codec). Use an
external program like xmms, Songbird, or whatnot in the background instead.

--ryan.