[ut2004] speed of loading maps

augustus at linuxhardware.org augustus at linuxhardware.org
Sun Feb 27 19:10:32 EST 2005

Definately not memory related.  One system has 1GB and the other has 2GB.
Kernel 2.6.10.

This one gets me because only UT-based games act up.  For example, Enemy
Territory and Doom 3 run fine.  ArmyOps only has slow load times.  UT2004
has slow load times and it glitches out some during the game.

What I see happening during map loads is that UT or AA complete use up all
processor and saturate the system.  Once the game starts things go back to
normal for the most part.  I wonder what the UT engine could be doing that
other games/programs aren't.  Any ideas Ryan?

Thanks,
Kris Kersey (Augustus)
LinuxHardware.org Site Manager
augustus at linuxhardware.org