[ut2004] stuttering sound/low fps on level startup

TheGsusFreek thegsusfreek at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 25 18:03:20 EST 2005

--- "Paul E. Rybski" <paul at rybski.net> wrote:

> On Fri, 18 Feb 2005, Kris Vorwerk wrote:
>
> >>  	When I typically start a level either through
> instant action or
> >> online, the sound seems to stutter a bit and the
> framerate is very low
> >> until I have "looked around" and seen most of the
> new environment (and
> >> possibly the textures?).  I'm guessing that some
> caching must be going on
> >> which is causing this latency.  Has anyone else
> run into this problem?

I used to have this exact same problem.  I originally
thought it was a problem with sounds not loading fast
enough, but it turned out that AGP speed was not
enabled on my video card.  There was a conflict
between NvAGP and AGPGart where AGPGart wouldn't start
correctly with Linux but when the driver tried to
initialize NvAGP it thought AGPGart was already
started!

I can't remember for the life of me how I fixed it,
though.  I think I had to set some file to load the
agpgart module on startup.

=====
Because of Christ,
Phillip Baxter (TheGsusFreek)