[ut2004] 3369 Crash

Matthew Arnold marnold at ez-net.com
Fri Dec 16 16:34:03 EST 2005

Spike wrote:
> I'm not aware of any OOM problems with the kernel lately.
> It's possible the patch is using more memory then it used to.
> I've seen this happen alot when people been using the -ck patch
> and not adjusting the swap percentage mapping correctly but I doubt
> that's whats happening here. You could try closing other things that
> use alot of ram before you play perhaps.

OK, I found the problem. The problem is that I'm an idiot. When I
upgraded to Slack 10.2 either the installer didn't add a line for swap
to my fstab (unlikely) or I nuked it accidentally (more likely).
Basically, I was running without a swap partition. I will now repeatedly
ram my head against a doorframe.

Matt