New Linux user with a problem!

Jim Grimsby JimGrimsby at DirecWay.com
Sun Apr 24 15:50:19 EDT 2005

I am a new Linux user with a problem! I am not sure if this is the right
place to post such problems, and if it not please let me know where I
should post such problems next time.  I  am running Debian testing
relics with x-window-system x window server 4.3.  I am also running
gnome 2.8 and kde 4.3. When I run UT2004 I get the following error message .

Xlib:  extension "XFree86-DRI" missing on display ":0.0".
WARNING: ALC_EXT_capture is subject to change!
Couldn't set video mode: Couldn't find matching GLX visual

I installed the ati video drivers that come with Debian. I tried it also
on a lindows system with the same problem.  all of my other programs are
working with my video with out any problems.  any help you can provide
would be graitly apresheated!

thank you!

Jim