64 bit client dynamic lighting problems

clint at magicalspirits.net clint at magicalspirits.net
Thu Nov 18 15:21:28 EST 2004

I was playing some vehicle invasion last night and noticed that the
headlights from the scorpion are ragingly bright on some surfaces and
entirely non-existent on others. It odd enough that I switched over to
windows just to see if it was the map. In windows the lighting looked
normal.

I'm running with the NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-1.0-6629. I'm running in
1280x1024 with all the effects turned up as high as they'll go.

Also I noticed that in the shadows drop down list I only have access to
None or Blob. Is this a limitation or bug?

Also another oddity was that I get higher frame rates at 1280x1024 than at
the next couple of resolutions down.

Clint