[ut2004] 64 bit client dynamic lighting problems

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at clutteredmind.org
Thu Nov 18 17:25:23 EST 2004

> Also I noticed that in the shadows drop down list I only have access to
> None or Blob. Is this a limitation or bug?

For now, a limitation. We need render-to-texture support in the GL
renderer, which never got filled in, so the game's UI explicitly
disables the unsupported shadow option if you're on Mac or Linux (32 or
64 bit).

Lack of render-to-texture is also why the headlights show on BSP but not
terrain, too...and why the Hellbender's license plate is blank.

--ryan.