[ut2004] missing eyecandy with openGL?

Chris Lack ixion at linuxpusher.com
Mon Mar 29 07:58:55 EST 2004

On
Christian Schmidt <GMSmith at gmx.net> wrote:

> Speaking for myself, those shadows don't really mean too much to me. You won't see them in the heat of the battle anyway. ;) The headlights are somewhat more useful. Being ran over by a vehicle in a dark passage because you did not see it sucks. :D

If you ever find yourself playing many 1v1s you'll find that shadows enabled will help you.  Sometimes when your opponant is on a higher level than yourself you'll see their shadow before you see or hear them.  I hadn't really noticed that dynamic lighting wasn't enabled.  I had noticed that the enemy flag carrier no longer had the distinctive glow to them that made them easy to spot though.  Will their be much of a performance hit for either option, as compared to now?

Chris