[ut2004] DVD special edition

Paul subsolar at subsolar.org
Thu Mar 11 18:25:31 EST 2004

On Thu, 2004-03-11 at 06:01, Michael Lambert wrote:

> Everytime I get into a game, after an arbitrary amount of time the game will
> seize for a while... sometimes for up to 45 seconds. I have discovered that
> this is because the client looses connection with the server for short
> spurts. Sometimes things will go back to normal (inevitably I'll be dead and
> half way across the map), sometimes things APPEAR to go back to normal but I
> cannot fire my gun nor interact with the environment (and everyone keeps
> running in the same direction... walls be damned)... it seems in these cases
> that I simply loose my connection to the server altogether but I receive no
> error message.
>
> Has any else experienced this problem? Has anyone resolved it? I even tried
> swapping out my broadband router and it made no difference.

I've experienced this problem with 2003 after my ISP upped the bandwidth
cap for all subscribers.  I would seem to loose connection to the
internet for ~ 20sec every hour or so, as of late the issue seems to be
resolved..

I do see similar issues on certain servers now and again ... everybody
on the server seems to have it at the same time ... probably a local
network disturbance on the server end.

Regards,
Paul