[ut2004] ALSA and ingame music

Andrew Pilley ashridah at icculus.org
Sun Feb 15 06:11:18 EST 2004

On Sun, 2004-02-15 at 21:14, Gian Paolo Mureddu wrote:
>     I don't know if this has been asked before (just joined the list as
> of 1 minute ago). The problem I am experiencing is the following: The
> music volume is just too low, unperceptible on my regular speaker system
> (unless I blow up all the way up the volume, externally) and nearly
> unperceptible with my earphone system (which is what I use for gaming).
> Anyway, the volume sliders in the game seem to work right for the speach
> (anouncer) and the sound (FX?), but not so for the music (Ok, it
> acutally works, but since you can't hear almost nothing...

It's a known bug (it's in bugzilla) and it's not limited to ALSA. i'm
using the OSS-style emu10k1 driver here on 2.6.2, and it similarly has
very quiet sound effects.

no other warfare-based game has the same effect here.

Andrew 'ashridah' Pilley

--
I hereby pose this question for analysis.
Are Microsoft users smarter than hamsters?