[ut2003io] Distortion with ALSA

Matthew Arnold marnold at ez-net.com
Fri Feb 27 11:17:57 EST 2004

Jeff Woods wrote:

> It appears as though it has. When recompiling, the only way to make it work for me was to use the "forward.diff" patch. It still made some weirdness with the OSS back end, but since I'm not using that, it doesn't worry me.
>
> Actually, I haven't even verified that I can even use the VoIP, only that it compiles, doesn't crash, and UT2004 tells me "ALAudio: Using ALC_EXT_capture to record audio."
>
> I'm on coal-powered dial-up and I can't afford to waste bandwidth on such niceties.

I compiled it using the forward.diff patch. I get the same message from
UT2K4, but for the life of me I cannot get VOIP to work. I started a
listen server and had a Windows-using friend join up. With both joined
the local channel, but he couldn't hear me and I couldn't hear him when
he tried it either. I'm going to try to dig up some more info on it.