[ut2003io] 10 avg FPS. What the ... ?

Matthew Arnold marnold at ez-net.com
Sat Feb 21 17:50:59 EST 2004

Somewhat along the lines of this discussion, what would you folks think
about adding a GeForce FX 5700 Ultra to my box (Athlon XP 1800+)? I know
that a lot of my slow-downs are due to my GeForce3 Ti200 screaming for
mercy. At the very least, I'd be able to turn on more eye candy. Anyone
have any experience with a configuration like this? I really don't have
the money (or desire) for a full blown mobo/CPU replacement. I'd hope
that this would extend the life of my box for a while.

Thoughts?
   Matt