[ut2003io] UnrealEd and WINE or ucc make

Jeff Woods klaatu at fnordco.com
Thu Feb 19 01:04:17 EST 2004

Well, I officially declare my efforts wasted. I fooled around for hours with the most recent WINE and the CVS of WineX, and the best result I could get was the display of the splash screen and this error:

Build UT2003_Build_[2002-09-19_17.26]

OS: Windows 2000 5.0 (Build: 2195)
CPU: AuthenticAMD PentiumPro-class processor @ 1470 MHz with 757MB RAM
Video: Direct3D HAL (11360)

Assertion failed: !WindowCreate->hWnd [File:Window.cpp] [Line: 422]

History: WWindow::StaticProc <- PerformCreateWindowEx <- WLevelFrame::OpenWindow <- WEditorFrame::OpenLevelView

But, hey! Half-Life runs great! Woo hoo.