10 avg FPS. What the ... ?

Ken Cantwell kencantwell at comcast.net
Fri Feb 20 02:59:14 EST 2004

I'm consistently getting around 10 FPS under ut2004demo,
surging up near 20 when the wind is blowing just right.

My ping is down in double digits -- better than most players.
I believe I'm configured properly: I have no complaints
playing Enemy Territory, Wolfensten, Quake3, UT, UT2003.

My setup (two-year-old Pogolinux Altura) is:
   processor: Athlon-XP 1800+ (1.53 Ghz)
   memory:    768MB
   graphics:  NVIDIA GeForce3 Ti-200 64MB
   router:    Netgear MR814
   broadband: 3000Kbps up, 256Kbps down
   OS:        Mandrake Linux 9.1
   driver:    NVIDIA 1.0-5336 (the latest)

Is UT2004 telling me that it's time for a new graphics card?
That seems to be the most borderline item.

Thanks for the advice.