[ut2003io] Linux Performance

Ryan C. Gordon ryan at epicgames.com
Fri May 30 17:43:47 EDT 2003

> Even stranger change your AUDIO MODE from "Software 3D" to "Hardware 3D"
> and you will notice a big difference too.

The "flyby" benchmarks have "-nosound" by default, which means openal.so
isn't even loaded. The "botmatch" ones have audio, however.

Software vs hardware audio shouldn't make a different on Linux, but I've
been told that software is actually faster on windows. YMMV, of course.

Botmatches are only relevant against other runs on the same build on the
same platform using the same random number seed. I think that's
accurate, but I always screw this information up. No doubt vogel will be
swooping in shortly to correct me, though.  :)

--ryan.