[ut2003io] Unreal 2

D. Olson dana at mandrakeusers.org
Thu Jan 16 23:14:47 EST 2003

On Thu, 16 Jan 2003 19:54:29 -0800
floam <floam at ascorbic.com> wrote:

> um. unreal 2 is single player, there is no server.

Well, I never looked into it much. And I had said, it probably
wouldn't require a server, and the only reason that I even said that
much was because I remember playing Unreal online with Chunky very
briefly, so I figured maybe there was multiplayer to some degree or
another in the first one, and therefore, logically, there could
possibly be some in the second one.

In any case, I made the point that the reasoning that "we get a
server, and should thusly get a client" which worked for UT2003 fails
for Unreal 2.

Either way doesn't change the fact that some people prefer single
player games, so there are still people who would want this game
ported. But anyway. Enough about Unreal 2.

--
D. Olson
The Mandrake eXPerience

"Seeing, contrary to popular wisdom, isn't believing. It's where
belief stops, because it isn't needed any more."