[ut2003io] Editor

Ryan C. Gordon ryan at epicgames.com
Thu Jan 16 18:47:12 EST 2003

> It isn't that hard. You already know what the system is supposed to do,
> and since the system is using SDL (which is ported already) a lot of the
> system is pre-done. I guess all that UT has left is a couple thousand
> lines of MFC->POSIX translation.

The editor doesn't use SDL, and OpenGLDrv (even on Windows) is missing
functionality needed for UnrealEd.

MFC->POSIX is totally meaningless. POSIX doesn't specify any GUI
widgets, which is more or less the important part of MFC.

A MFC to (say...) wxWindows rewrite might be more reasonable, but is
also non-trivial.

--ryan.