[ut2003io] radeon

Chunky Kibbles chunky at icculus.org
Sat Sep 28 01:21:34 EDT 2002

On Fri, Sep 27, 2002 at 09:47:24PM -0600, Jon Trulson wrote:
> 	Well, I have to admit, it *is* actually mentioned, once you weed
> through all of the DRI (which doesn't support s3tc), myth2, and nvidia
> entries... ;-)
>
> 	I'm guessing that you really like Nvidia cards?

Actually, I must fess up that most of the childish catty comments
against Radeons were mine.

I, personally, tend to favor whatever works best at the time. I bought
an nv card a while ago because it was far-and-away the best option for
linux at the time.

The reason for my catty comments was that, all things considered, the
nvidias are still the best option for playing games in linux; for the
same performance, the cost of drivers+hardware+easeofuse is still
lower for nvidia cards. My comments are catty because, quite frankly,
I'm bored of the ATI zealots telling me their cards are so much better
"with open-source drivers" or "a technically faster architecture",
when in practice, the cards don't play the games as fast. If at all.

Sorry, kinda let myself go, there

Gary (-;