[ut2003io] UT2k3 Linux Patch 1c

Ryan C. Gordon ryan at epicgames.com
Sun Sep 22 22:32:40 EDT 2002

> How hard coded is this mirroring system?  It would be nice to be able to
> use FTP to help restrict connections and bandwidth.  Something that would
> allow the client to read a, "too many connections", or "not enough
> bandwidth to allow you to download", so it could decide to shift to a
> different mirror.  I know several sites that would be happy to help the
> linux mirroring, but they worry a little about controlling the bandwidth.

- You can switch mirrors on the fly with the GUI autoupdater.
- If the autoupdater hits a problem (404, no permissions, etc), it will
try the next mirror in the list.
- You can download the patch from any mirror you prefer (or hand it off
via sneakernet, if you like), and apply it yourself. The autoupdater
just manages the grabbing of the patch, but you can download/run it
yourself if you like.

--ryan.