[ut2003io] Linux Client Freezes

Peter Kemmerer qapete at beyondunreal.com
Sun Sep 15 19:13:05 EDT 2002

Nothing in syslog, or any of the other logs.  -nosound and/or -nomusic
tried already, still have random crashes.  BIOS is set at least picky
settings.  Board is an MSI KT7-266 Pro.  Kernel is 2.4.18.  This is a
fresh install here too, no moldy oldie stuff hanging around, less than a
week old.  Using nvidia Device in XF86Config-4, no changes from
defaults.  http://www.icculus.org/lgfaq/files/nv_check.sh says my
installation is fine.

I'd be happy to answer any specific questions if you guys can help me
find some things to look at.  It frosts me that some can install and run
and me, with the most popular Linux distro around, fast processor, good
board and a brand new installation can't do the same.

Keep in mind, I'm not alone having these freezes.  I'm just asking the
questions and giving requested info because my installation is so new
and untainted (well, except for the nVidia kernel hook itself...grin)

Pete
-BeyondUnreal