[ut2003io] Performance under Linux

Eric Lathrop eslathro at mtu.edu
Sun Oct 20 13:59:59 EDT 2002

Ok, so I compiled in MTRR support, and nothing.

[the related stuff from] lspci gives:

00:00.0 Host bridge: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS]: Unknown device 0651
(rev 01)
00:01.0 PCI bridge: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] 5591/5592 AGP
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation NV25 [GeForce4
Ti4200] (rev a3)

/var/log/XFree86.log shows:

(II) NVIDIA(0): Verifying AGP usage for Screen 0...
(WW) NVIDIA(0): Failed to verify AGP usage

/var/log/messages gives:

kernel: agpgart: Maximum main memory to use for agp memory: 439M

I recompiled my kernel again to make agpgart only be a module, so I could
try using NvAGP. I tried different settings for NvAGP, but it still
doesn't work.

I did some searching on Google, and I don't think that there's any support
for my AGP chipset.

  --Eric Lathrop
    www.WretchedBliss.net