[ut2003io] Slowdown after map changes

ken lierman klierman at bigfoot.com
Fri Oct 11 08:50:13 EDT 2002

I might have a similar problem.... i primarily noticed it manifest as
map loading taking WAY to long.  The first couple levels i play (instant
action) loads in like 15 seconds, but eventually they take over a minute
to load.  I had thought it was just a CPU/memory load problem, but i'm
not sure.

(as a side issue, top seems messed up on my mdk 9 system.  My cpu idle
time is never over like 40%, and often is less than 0.  BUT no tasks are
taking up all the CPU either.  like:

CPU0 states:  0.6% user,  0.2% system,  0.0% nice,  0.103% idle
CPU1 states:  0.3% user,  0.9% system,  0.0% nice,  0.99% idle)

My system:

dual athlon 1900
ti4200
256M ddr