[ut2003io] Slowdown after map changes

Carsten Weinhold news.cw at gmx.net
Sun Oct 13 12:22:31 EDT 2002

Am Freitag, 11. Oktober 2002 12:40 schrieb Carsten Weinhold:

Hi!

> [...]
> This problem also occurs when I start the game with -nosound and it
> was also there in the demo. The only way to get normal game speed
> again is to restart the game.

I found another way to 'fix' it. I normally run the game with a
resolution of 800x600. Changing to 1024x768 and then back again to
800x600 results in normal game performance without restarting UT. But
after some reloading performance decreases once again.

> [...]
> I don't know, whether it is important or not, but when I terminate X
> it complains about a missing MTRR for one of the memory segments
> X/the graphics driver uses.

... which is because there are two mtrrs for the AGP memory. However,
disabling AGP makes the frame rate dropping disappear. Well, at least
it seems to be ~9 fps everytime I 'fly' to my testing place. If this is
the root of all evil, does someone know how to fix it?

Carsten

My system: