[ut2003io] AMD Systems

Andrew Pilley ashridah at icculus.org
Wed Nov 20 18:37:26 EST 2002

On Wed, 20 Nov 2002, Leith wrote:

> Robert,
>
> This was fixed a few minor revisions ago (2.4.15ish, not sure exactly), and even
> on those kernels affected, you can just append "mem=nopentium" to the kernel on
> boot up, and you will not be affected. I have used 2.4.18, and 2.4.19 with
> UT2003, and had no problems that could be attributed to this bug.

mem=nopentium was *NOT* a workaround for this problem. it might change
when it occurs, but it does nothing to prevent it, according to amd
engineers.

i'd suggest using 2.4.19 which has a decent workaround in place instead,
and staying with it, until nvidia's (or others) drivers support the
page-marking api that will be in 2.4.20

ashridah