[ut2003io] Update patch 2166 fails in pagages.md5

Marius hrome+icculus at rasmus.uib.no
Fri Dec 20 07:57:58 EST 2002

> On Fri, Dec 20, 2002 at 06:12:47AM -0500, Ryan C. Gordon wrote:
> > It should be. I thought it was generally agreed that the
autoupdater, as
> > far as admins were concerned, was convenient to get a fresh install
up
> > to date, but generally the tarballs were the way to go on a
> > patch-to-patch basis.
>
> yeah, but if the packages.md5 file is completely included or even
> excluded from the patch nobody will suffer since the packages.md5 is
> updated when a connection is made with the master server. The updater
is
> just much easier to use to update a server then messing with a
tarball.

> --
> Michiel "El Muerte" Hendriks

I agree. The updater would be my preference in keeping the server
current / in sync. After been through the clean install thing today I
have updated my wishes for Santa / Los Reyes - a Linux dedicated package
based on the current release. The updater is broken in the first release
and you need to get that odd first patch.

---
marius