[ut2003io] Update patch 2166 fails in pagages.md5

Ryan C. Gordon ryan at epicgames.com
Fri Dec 20 08:07:32 EST 2002

> I agree. The updater would be my preference in keeping the server
> current / in sync. After been through the clean install thing today I
> have updated my wishes for Santa / Los Reyes - a Linux dedicated package
> based on the current release. The updater is broken in the first release
> and you need to get that odd first patch.

Yeah, I was thinking about this today, too.

What I'll probably do (when there's time):

- Make a new full server installer that starts at 2166, so that you can
skip all the old patches.

- Make a patch directly from retail -> 2166 so all the broken patches
can be skipped for fresh installs from CD.

- Complete server tarball, so you can avoid the installer altogether if
that's your preference.

Like I said, options are good. I've learn a lot about how to do this
sort of thing since we released the ut2003 demo in September, mostly by
doing it wrong.  :)

--ryan.