[ut2003io] problems on debain woody

Robert Brandtjen rob at prometheusmedia.com
Thu Dec 19 11:14:55 EST 2002

On Thursday 19 December 2002 02:44 am, Maik Holtkamp wrote:
> all. Probably it will be a good idea to stick all 4 devices on a single
> master line.
>
> BTW: What kernel are you running. AFAIK, and looking at the changlogs,
> recently there were some major changes in the ide sub-system, especially
> to cover problems with via-southbridge support. They seems to be based
> on the KT333 chipset, but who knows what else is probably effected, too.

I have 1 drive as hda, a DVD/CD drive as hdb and sharing the second bus is a
backup drive as HDC. I have nothing on the two Promise buses. I also have a
SCSI CD-RW running off of a PCI scsi card - when I installed, I placed CD-1
in the DVD/CD drive and CD-2 in the SCSI drive - installation went without a
hitch.

Are you getting any "dmesg" errors concerning the drives ?
--
 Robert Brandtjen
 Hostmaster at prometheusmedia.com
 www.prometheusmedia.com