[ut2003io] problems on debain woody

Maik Holtkamp s-y-l at gmx.net
Thu Dec 19 03:44:27 EST 2002

Robert Brandtjen wrote:
> On Wednesday 18 December 2002 06:35 pm, Maik Holtkamp wrote:
>
>>Are there any know issues running UT2003 on this hardware (sorry
>>for long lines):
>>
>>---cut---
>>00:00.0 Host bridge: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8363/8365 [KT133/KM133] (rev
>>03) 00:01.0 PCI bridge: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8363/8365 [KT133/KM133
>>AGP] 00:04.0 ISA bridge: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82C686 [Apollo Super
>>South] (rev 40) 00:04.1 IDE interface: VIA Technologies, Inc. Bus Master
>>IDE (rev 06)
>

> I'm running it on the same chip set - but I have the drives on the primary IDE
> bus(S) and not the promise Raid bus - try moving the drives and see what
> happens.

Ok, I will try, in spite the promise is not running in raid modus at
all. Probably it will be a good idea to stick all 4 devices on a single
master line.

BTW: What kernel are you running. AFAIK, and looking at the changlogs,
recently there were some major changes in the ide sub-system, especially
to cover problems with via-southbridge support. They seems to be based
on the KT333 chipset, but who knows what else is probably effected, too.

BTW2: Does it matter that I changed the default install place
/usr/local/games? I am short of space on the /usr FS but probably
symlinking or changing mount points will do the trick.

Hopefully Santa Claus will give me the extra hardware debugging skills,
really needed these days ;). THX.

--
- maik