[ut2003io] problems on debain woody

Steve McIntyre steve at einval.com
Wed Dec 18 21:45:14 EST 2002

On Thu, Dec 19, 2002 at 01:35:02AM +0100, Maik Holtkamp wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Sorry, for bothering again.
>
>Dealer said: "Try RAM, try to install on a different PC"
>
>Tried different RAM -> same problem.
>
>Tried a differnet Hardware (Dell Inspiron 8200[1]), everything is fine
>:(.

Hmmm. That's not good. In your original post you said that the
installation failed on BR-TwinTombs.ut2 if I remember correctly? I had
exactly the same problem with my first set of CDs. Close inspection
showed that the CD was damaged. I went back to the store and got
replacements and all worked fine with the second set. Maybe the CD
drive in the Dell is better at coping with media errors. Can you see
any flaws on the CD surface?x

--
Steve McIntyre, Cambridge, UK.                                steve at einval.com
"Can't keep my eyes from the circling sky,