[ut2003io] problems on debain woody

Maik Holtkamp s-y-l at gmx.net
Thu Dec 19 03:29:39 EST 2002

Steve McIntyre wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 19, 2002 at 01:35:02AM +0100, Maik Holtkamp wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>Sorry, for bothering again.
>>
>>Dealer said: "Try RAM, try to install on a different PC"
>>
>>Tried different RAM -> same problem.
>>
>>Tried a differnet Hardware (Dell Inspiron 8200[1]), everything is fine
>>:(.
>

> Hmmm. That's not good. In your original post you said that the
> installation failed on BR-TwinTombs.ut2 if I remember correctly? I had
> exactly the same problem with my first set of CDs.

I would call it a "bit of bad luck". The files claimed to be
undecompressable, are everytime different. They seem to be randomly
"choosen".

> Close inspection showed that the CD was damaged.

Will have a closer look when back home.

> I went back to the store and got
> replacements and all worked fine with the second set. Maybe the CD
> drive in the Dell is better at coping with media errors. Can you see
> any flaws on the CD surface?x

To avoid troubles arising from the CD/DVD drive I already tried to
install from my scsi burner at 6x (totally diferent subsystem), same
problems.

Anyhow, THX.

--
- maik