[sdlsound] Module formats don't repeat correctly

Torbjorn.E.Andersson at personec.com Torbjorn.E.Andersson at personec.com
Mon May 30 02:45:13 EDT 2005

Peter S. May wrote:

> So the fact is this:  .IT files and .XM files that I have tried do not
> loop/jump as expected when played by SDL_sound.  Here are my questions:
>
> - Has anyone else noticed this before?  It's happening for me on
> multiple architectures, so I'm assuming it's not an OS-specific problem...

SDL_sound's MikMod decoder deliberately prevents looping by setting
module->wrap and module->loop to 0. This may be a bad idea. I copied
the behaviour from SDL_mixer. (The ModPlug decoder sets mLoopCount
to 0, which probably does the same thing; I don't remember.)

Perhaps this should be changed, even though it could make bad things
happen in Sound_DecodeAll()... I'm not actively involved with this
project any more (ScummVM is my current obsession), so I'll just let
someone else decide.

Torbjörn