[sdlsound] On the fly sampling using playsound

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at clutteredmind.org
Wed Oct 20 06:43:17 EDT 2004

> But this gives me  garbled noise(superfast version of the original .wav file)
> and deploys the SDL parachute .
> Any ideas on how to go about achieving this. Any suggestions would be great.

This is a bug, because we use SDL's resampler, which only converts
between powers of two (i.e. - 11025->44100 or 8000->16000).

If you just need to resample a .wav on the command line, there's a
program named sox that does this well.

I'm expecting to correct this bug for SDL_sound 2.0, but it's quite a
ways away yet.

--ryan.