[sdlsound] On the fly sampling using playsound

Manav Gautam manav at ncoretech.com
Wed Oct 20 07:06:03 EDT 2004

On Wednesday 20 October 2004 16:13, Ryan C. Gordon wrote:
> > But this gives me  garbled noise(superfast version of the original .wav
> > file) and deploys the SDL parachute .
> > Any ideas on how to go about achieving this. Any suggestions would be
> > great.
>
> This is a bug, because we use SDL's resampler, which only converts
> between powers of two (i.e. - 11025->44100 or 8000->16000).
Is Secret Rabbit Code worth a try ? I think it is still in development stages.
But i hear there is a SDL implementation of the SRC , tho i can lay my hands
on it :(

> If you just need to resample a .wav on the command line, there's a
> program named sox that does this well.
Actually i did try that and it works, but while it resamples the wav it
induces a lot of noise which makes it unusable for my application. Using
polyphase in sox is too demanding on the CPU and requires floating point .