AIFF-C codec docs?

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at clutteredmind.org
Mon May 27 14:56:12 EDT 2002

Does anyone know where I can get some docs on AIFF-C codecs?

These are the ones referenced in aiff.c ... if there is info somewhere on
the 'net and they aren't too complex, I'd like to implement them before 1.0
Otherwise, I'm willing to permently bury them in the TODO file. SOX
doesn't implement anything but uncompressed AIFF.

The formats:
  'ACE2'            "ACE 2-to-1"      2-to-1 IIGS ACE
  'ACE8'            "ACE 8-to-3"      8-to-3 IIGS ACE
  'MAC3'            "MACE 3-to-1"     3-to-1 Macintosh ACE
  'MAC6'            "MACE 6-to-1"     6-to-1 Macintosh ACE

--ryan.