Recent change in SDL_mixer's MikMod decoder

Andreas Umbach marvin at cyclops.webvision.ch
Tue Jan 8 16:49:33 EST 2002

On Mon, Jan 07, 2002 at 10:49:52AM +0100, Torbjörn Andersson wrote:
> I noticed that SDL_mixer recently changed its MikMod decoder to "stop
> implicit looping, fade out and other flags". Is this something we should
> apply to SDL_sound as well? On one hand it could be argued that if
> whoever created the song says it should loop, then it should. On the
> other hand this would not play well with Sound_DecodeAll().
>
> Comments? For whatever it's worth, the XMMS MikMod plugin seems to do
> something similar.

Maybe we could try to get this into libmikmod itself, instead of 'working
around it'. The website looks maintained, and I mailed Miodrag a few times
about two years ago (when libmikmod was still at version 3.1.4), and
he seems very responsive. I'm quite confident he'd accept patches, and roll
out 3.1.10 if necessary.

- Andreas