[sdlsound] SDL_sound 1.0 goals.

Torbjörn Andersson torbjorn.e.andersson at tietoenator.com
Mon Feb 11 04:04:44 EST 2002

Ryan C. Gordon wrote:

 >  - Any other AIFF or WAV formats we should be handling?

I don't even know which kinds there are. I've been hoping that it's the
kind of thing that someone else will fix if/when the need arises. :-)

 > Anything else?

I've been meaning to try and figure out why I get nasty popping noises
at the end of at least some WAV files (e.g. the cuckoo.wav from
MindRover). I don't know if the problem is in SDL_sound, playsound or in
the WAV file itself.

Something I'd like to see is better conversion filters, particularly for
the Sound_RateSLOW() one. However, I lack the knowledge to do this and
it might not be a 1.0 issue anyway.

Torbjörn