Sample properties in playsound...

Torbjörn Andersson torbjorn.e.andersson at tietoenator.com
Fri Oct 5 13:17:06 EDT 2001

Ryan C. Gordon wronte:

 > Yes, with one problem that's only partially related:
 >
 >   In MikMod, is md_mixfreq a global variable?

D'oh!

Yes, it's a global variable defined in mplayer.c as

    MIKMODAPI UWORD md_mixfreq = 44100;

 > Perhaps we should force MikMod to always use 44100 or 22050 or
 > whatever the first rate requested was for every sample?

Yes. Or just not set it at all, letting MikMod decide the sensible default.

(I guess we could also save the desired frequency as part of the mod_t
structure and change md_mixfreq as needed, but I don't know if that's a
safe thing to do so I'd say let's not.)

 > (Or we should patch Mikmod to not use global variables...what the hell
 > were they thinking?!)

Such a change would probably break a lot of existing programs so I
wouldn't count on getting that patch accepted.

Torbjörn Andersson