TiMidity... again

Torbjörn Andersson torbjorn.e.andersson at tietoenator.com
Fri Oct 5 13:20:46 EDT 2001

I've been meaning to take a closer look at the TiMidity source code,
trying to understand how it works. Considering that it's no longer
maintained, and that it doesn't seem to be immediately useful in its
current shape (I could be wrong about this), what approach do you think
we should take with it? Minimal changes to get it to work as a part of
SDL_sound, or an all-out "hey let's turn this into a standalone MIDI
decoder library!" rewrite?

Mind you, I'm not making any promises about my ability to make either
approach work. :-)

Torbjörn Andersson