[referencer] referencer using acroread when started in terminal

Mads Chr. Olesen mads at mchro.dk
Tue May 28 05:05:32 EDT 2013

man, 27 05 2013 kl. 23:27 +0200, skrev Dominik Kriegner:
> I have a question about the behavior of referencer. Today when testing
> the new 1.2.1 release (thank for the new release and your continued
> effort to work on referencer!) I found that referencer is using
> acroread when I start it from the terminal.
>
> When started from gnome applications or via alt+F2 it uses my default
> pdf-viewer evince for viewing the documents linked to my library.
>
> any idea why the behavior is different when started from
> gnome-terminal?

There is an old bug at https://bugs.launchpad.net/referencer/+bug/401837
in the same area, which was fixed in
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~referencer-devs/referencer/trunk/revision/857

Basically, Referencer uses GNOME's GIO to open the document in the
default viewer, since version 1.2.0. You should get approximately the
same behavior using "gvfs-open docname.pdf" in the terminal. What
happens if you use Nautilus to open the file?

However, I also recall that the acroread package adds some
bash-completion stuff which might also influence the results.

--
Mads Chr. Olesen <mads at mchro.dk>