[referencer] Referencer development?

Matej Urbas matej.urbas at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 09:01:54 EST 2011

Hi Glen,

I think we are waiting for someone to take the current master (from
here: http://hg.icculus.org/jcspray/referencer/), open a new public
repository (by importing the master -- with the entire history) and give
developers push/committing rights.

However, I believe John wanted to merge everything into master before
relocating the repository or changing the VCS. I think this will prove a
bit tricky -- especially because other things are keeping John quite
busy.

I think merging before relocating/changing is a good option though.

So the first step should be that someone creates a temporary Mercurial
clone of the master, provide everyone on the mailing list (who has
anything to merge) with push rights and open a merge window (limited
amount of time) -- obviously, the latter is not necessary if we don't
migrate from Mercurial to any other VCS.

Anyways, I think we haven't yet decided which versioning system to use,
am I right?

Maybe this would be a good time to cast our votes. What do you think
people? Shall we start a poll on the mailing list and see which VCS gets
the most votes? We have to set an end date -- say end of March?

If you're okay with the poll idea, I'll send an e-mail titled
"Repository Relocation Poll" and explain what we vote for. Everyone
should bring forth arguments for their candidate VCS.

Note to developers: You can still do your development in your private
clones for the time being.

Best,
---
Matej