[referencer] Libglade to GtkBuilder and GnomeVfs to Gio ports

António Lima amrlima at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 16:39:58 EST 2011

Hi,

My name is António Lima and I'm a (part-time) computer science student.

I've contacted Referencer maintainer some days ago about contributing to
Referencer. I didn't see the mailling list back then, I guess I should
have tried here first. Anyway, John Spray must be busy as he hasn't
answered yet.

As you know Referenced uses many deprecated library's such as ligblade,
gnomevfs and libgnomeui.

I've made the port from libglade to GtkBuilder. I don't have real
experience with gtkmm but it was quite simple.

I'm working on the gnomevfs -> gio port but that is more complex and
requires more code change. I've done quite a big part of the port by now
but I would like to know what's the state of the development, especially
if anyone is working on this and if there are other active contributors
since the last commit is from August 2009.

Thanks!

Regards,
António Lima