[referencer] File rename function?

Mads Chr. Olesen mads at mchro.dk
Tue Feb 15 01:38:04 EST 2011

man, 14 02 2011 kl. 17:36 -0700, skrev Simon Heath:
> Second, I was wondering if there was a way in Referencer to rename
> .pdf files tracked by Referencer to some standard format; say "Author
> - Date - Title" or such.  I just tried out Mendeley and, being a
> control freak, the ability to rename pdf files and automatically copy
> them all into a central folder appeals to me.

There is the Documents->"Rename file from key" functionality, which does
part of what you want (if you're using similar keys).

> If not, and I were
> motivated to write a patch or plugin to add it, would anyone besides
> me find it useful?

Have a look at the "Generate Key" Python plugin, maybe much of the
infrastructure there can be re-used. I think a plugin is the way to go.

--
Mads Chr. Olesen <mads at mchro.dk>