startup time

Giorgos Michalogiorgakis giorgis.m at gmail.com
Sun Nov 30 11:24:29 EST 2008

Hello list,

  I apologize for the probably misleading subject.  I have a small problem
with the amount of time referencer needs to start.  In an older machine it
takes about 8-10 secs to start for a ~1500 papers library.  Most of the
time seems to be related to thumbnails.  Starting from the command line
there are many messages like

Couldn't find
thumbnail:'file:///home/giorgos/bibliography/arxiv/pdf/2005/01/0501109.pdf'
 or

Has valid failed
thumbnail: 'file:///home/giorgos/bibliography/arxiv/pdf/2004/10/0410076.pdf'

As I only use the list view and never the icon view, is there a way to not
check for thumbnails at startup?

By the way, I really like this project, keep up the good work!

Thanks,
Giorgos