problems when importing bibtex entries

Brice Goglin Brice.Goglin at ens-lyon.org
Mon Mar 5 08:04:27 EST 2007

Hi,

I am trying Referencer since it looks very promising. While importing my
existing bibtex files, I always get an error "Invalid byte sequence in
conversion input - This problem was encountered while parsing import".
For instance, when the file contains:

@TECHREPORT{LocalUserSched,
  AUTHOR = { Martin Steckermeier and Frank Bellosa },
  TITLE = { Using Locality Information in Userlevel Scheduling },
  INSTITUTION = { University of Erlangen-Nürnberg -- Computer Science
Department -- Operating Systems -- {IMMD IV} },
  YEAR = 1995,
  NUMBER = { TR-95-14 },
  NOTE = { \url{mstecker at informatik.uni-erlangen.de}
\url{bellosa at informatik.uni-erlangen.de} },
  ADDRESS = { Martensstraße 1, 91058 Erlangen, Germany },
  MONTH = DEC,
  DAY = 23,
}

I get this error with the following output in the terminal
Publisher =

I tried adding a dummy publisher field, but it does not help. And it
seems to me that all the required fields for a "techreport" entry are
set in my file (I looked in Emacs' bibtex mode to know which ones are
required).

Any idea?

Thanks,
Brice