[quake3] Elite Force Raytraced

Thilo Schulz arny at ats.s.bawue.de
Tue Mar 4 11:55:42 EST 2008

On Dienstag, 4. März 2008, Stephan Reiter wrote:
> I've posted two videos at YouTube showing Elite Force Raytraced, which is
> based on Thilo Schulz's excellent Elite Force patch for ioquake3. The 1st
> video focuses on raytraced reflections and other changes of the look:
> http://youtube.com/watch?v=jLFrP0c7VWw The 2nd video is basically a record
> of a bot deathmatch: http://youtube.com/watch?v=C_6Icf2m_C4
>
> I intend to release this code soon, but I plan to take some more time to
> polish it some more. Comments are appreciated.

Dude, this is totally awesome!

I am curious about whether this could be made playable. I guess this is a long
shot given that you demonstrated this on low resolutions only. Then again -
you were capturing a movie at the same time which probably had a considerable
impact on the framerate.

FYI: the fact that the head model of the bot is not attached to the neck after
it dies on the video suggests that you have used a pretty old version of my
patch / of ioquake3. Maybe you have changed it, but there was a bug in early
versions of my MD4 model implementation where tags were not correctly
calculated.

By the way, an updated version of my patch which applies against newer
revisions of ioquake3 can be found here:
http://thilo.kickchat.com/efport-progress/patches/quake3-ef_rev1245.diff

I wish you good luck with your diploma thesis!

--
Thilo Schulz