[quake3] ioq3 1.35?

monk at rq3.com monk at rq3.com
Tue Jan 8 23:55:04 EST 2008

Aw, I always thought it was a way to get the engine kind of more situated
for a console port.  Split-screen gaming is not an uncommon feature for
that genre and with stuff like the old Dreamcast homebrew scene, I figured
that was the leaning.  Oh well!

So the only additional feature would be ip6 which is mostly done?

The engine doesn't really have anywhere else to go besides bugfixing a few
things, I guess.  Everything else is probably a feature enhancement.

Still, what's left that needs to be taken care of before ioq3 1.35 sees an
official release?

Monk.

p.s. the multi-keyboard and mouse is more feasible now in the USB age than
it was back in the day when Q3 came out, I agree, but the space required
for a computer setup with a screen that is typically smaller than a TV,
well...  Seems impractical.  As for the controls, I guess I could dig out
my copy of Q3A for dreamcast and see how they handled that.  Heck, even
Unreal Tournament made it to that thing...